Holiday Social Media Marketing
Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday… not to mention Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, New Years! The holidays are right around the corner. If you haven’t started your holiday marketing campaign yet, it’s not too late! Here are five things you can do today to launch your online holiday marketing campaign.
5 Fast Holiday Social Media Marketing Strategies
1. Social Media Cover Images
Update your social media cover images to reflect the holiday season or your holiday marketing campaign. Holiday cover image themes include
- Photos depicting the holidays or the season
- Your holiday promotion or sale information
- Team members enjoying the holidays
- Holiday greetings or messages to your followers
2. Schedule Your Holiday Social Media Posts
Not every business has holiday promotions or events, but most organizations want to send holidays wishes to their followers. Use a social media scheduling tool to pre-schedule your holiday social media posts so they aren’t overlooked or forgotten.
3. Write Your Holiday Social Media Calendar
If you’re like me, a lot of your holiday marketing plan is still in your head! And if you’re like me, your marketing to-do list is a mile long. Grab a cup of coffee, a quiet corner and a calendar and write down your holiday social media plan on the calendar.
Your holiday social media calendar will be your go-to resource for the next 2 months.
Bonus tip: Save this year’s holiday social media calendar as your template for next year’s holiday social media marketing!
4. Curate A #HolidayHashtag
Curating content is all about finding someone else’s content that fits your brand’s image, and reusing that content (properly credited, of course) on your own social media channels.
Of course, you can create your own holiday hashtag, but if you really haven’t started your holiday marketing campaign yet it might be more productive to curate a holiday hashtag, and create your own unique holiday hashtag next year! You can spend some time surfing your social media channels for hashtags that complement your messaging. There are also content curation tools that can help you find and share holiday content, including:
- Later: Try Search & Repost feature for curating Instagram content
- Twitter Lists: Save some Twitter accounts with your ideal holiday message to a Twitter list, so you can quickly go in and retweet their posts
- HootSuite: Suggested Content feature allows you to choose topics of interest and shows a list of popular posts on that topic to share.
5. Be Helpful or Entertain
Help your fans and followers by sharing holiday tips and messages, or relieve their holiday stress with a bit of laughter! Not every business is right for holiday online marketing, yet want to show their holiday spirit! Many of us share the same seasonal stress and deadlines, and you can speak to your audience by sharing your favorite:
- Recipes and holiday menus
- Gift or wrapping ideas
- Decorating and entertaining tips
The holidays are here… but its not too late to plan and execute a successful online holiday marketing campaign. You may start small this year, and start planning for a bigger seasonal marketing strategy next year!
contact MacManda Media to for your social media marketing