You need to build buzz and online visibility to promote your event. Social media marketing is key to making your event more visible, selling more tickets and getting more attendees. Social media tools can help spread your event news to the exact audience you’re trying to reach.
Video marketing still rules – because users love to watch videos. Facebook Live is the video live streaming feature on Facebook where you can broadcast a live video to your audience on your company page. After your live Facebook video ends, you can then save that video on your page for your fans to watch later.
Facebook can play a vital role in driving awareness and ultimately ticket sales and attendance for your event.Social Media Examiner
Facebook Live Facts:
- Facebook Live videos receive 3X higher engagement than after that live broadcast ends
- Facebook Live videos also receive 5X more views more than standard photo posts
- Facebook Live generates 35% more engagement than regular videos
5 Reasons to Promote an Event On Facebook Live
- Users love video. Your audience is more likely to see and remember to your message if you deliver it to them in the ways they prefer
- People can ask questions in real time – and you can answer them in real time!
- You can connect and build relationships with your audience.
- Show some personality and brand culture on your FB Live – let people see the real you.
- Your live video fans can share your video with their friends.
Now you that you know why you should promote your event on Facebook Live, here are some tips and best practices on how to promote your Facebook Live.
Best Practices for Promoting Your Facebook Live
Promoting and broadcasting your Facebook Live is only half the marketing opportunity – after the live broadcast, you can continue to promote the recorded video.
- Create a graphic announcing when and why you’re going Live. Tell your audience when you’re going live in a Facebook post on your Page, and why.
- Invite your fans to leave a Comment on the Facebook post announcing the upcoming live broadcast, asking what questions they want to be answered on Facebook Live.
- Cross-promote your upcoming Facebook Live on your other social media channels, such as Instagram or in emails to fans.
- Boost your Live announcement post. For as little as $1/day, you can boost your Live announcement on Facebook and/or Instagram to your target audience.
- Remind your audience you’re going live 2-5 minutes before your live broadcast begins.
- After the broadcast, save the completed video on your Facebook page.
- Add or edit the title, description and captions to your recorded Facebook Live video so people can find and watch it after the Live broadcast ends.
- Share your recorded video promoting your upcoming event on social media, embed in your newsletter and post on your Event landing page or upload to your YouTube channel.
- Invite brand ambassadors and influencers to share the Live video.
- Repost the recorded video on your Facebook page as an ad, and target it to your fans and re-target it to your video viewers.
Are You New to Facebook Live?
Facebook Live is ideal to promote your upcoming event. But if you haven’t used Facebook Live before, it can be a little confusing to get started. Read HubSpot’s Facebook Live: The Ultimate Guide awesome beginner’s guide on how to use Facebook Live.